Fourneaux de France Ltd are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018, once enacted. Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it to offer you a better and more personalised shopping experience.
We have published this notice to help you understand
- how and why we collect information from you;
- who we share your information with, why and on what basis
- what your rights are.
What information we hold and how we use it is shown on the data journey map. This map shows how your data is processed through the order system of Fourneaux de France Ltd:
Please note that we may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated in May 2018.
The Data Controller is Fourneaux de France Ltd of 3 Albion Close, Newton Business Park, Poole Dorset BH12 3LL a UK registered company (number 1465383).
By Data Controller, this means Fourneaux de France Ltd determines the purposes and way in which any personal data are, or will be, processed.
Should you need to contact us please write to:
Data Officer, Fourneaux de France Ltd 3 Albion Close, Newton Business Park, Poole Dorset BH12
or via firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry.
What information we collect
When you buy goods from us, you are entering into a contract with us. You will need to set up an Account before ordering from us, so we can set this up we will ask you to provide some personal information such as;
- full name
- contact numbers, and email address.
Payment details are processed by Sage pay Ltd.
How do we use your information?
Data Protection says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons and these are:
- Contract - your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement e.g. to process your purchase or to order a brochure
- Legitimate Interests - this means the interests of Fourneaux de France Ltd in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way e.g. to transfer your data to certain Third Party’s such as delivery partners.
- Legal Obligation – where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information e.g. when we have to share your information for law enforcement purposes.
Here is a list of the ways that we may use your personal information, and which of the reasons described above we rely on to do so. Where we list legitimate interests as a reason, we also describe below what we believe these legitimate interests are.
|What We Use Your Personal Information For||Fourneaux de France Ltd Legal Reason for Use of Information||Fourneaux de France Ltd Explanation of Legitimate Interest|
|To set up your Fourneaux de France Ltd account||Legitimate interest||Process efficiency in dealing with such activity.|
|Storing of payment cards||Consent given to Sage Pay||Not applicable|
|Processing your order||Fulfilling a contract||Not applicable|
|Notifying you of order status||Legitimate interest||Process efficiency in dealing with such activity, and to make improvements to our services.|
|Manage your account/ provide customer services to you.||Legitimate interest||Keeping our records up to date, handling our customer contact efficiently and effectively, working out which of our products and services may interest you and telling you about them.|
|To detect, investigate and report financial crime (e.g. Fraud)||Legal Obligation / legitimate interests||Complying with any legal obligation placed on us by regulators such as the HMRC. Complying with any regulations that apply to us. Process efficiency in dealing with such activity.|
|Undertake website personalisation and administration.||Legitimate interests||Developing products, services, applications and designs that attract and retain customers. Improving customer interaction with our sites. Defining types of customers for new products or services.|
|Notifying you about enhancements to our services, such as changes to the website and new services that may be of interest to you.||Legitimate interests||Developing products, services, that attract and retain customers. Improving customer interaction with our sites.|
|Contact you to undertake customer satisfaction surveys, invite you to provide product reviews or for market research.||Legitimate interests||Developing products, services, that attract and retain customers. Improving customer interaction with our sites.|
|Maintaining network and data security||Legitimate interests||To maintain the security of our network this in turns helps us to maintain the safety and confidentiality of your information.|
|Logistics planning, demand forecasting and management information||Legitimate interests||We use information about shopping habits, products bought and volumes, to help us to respond to demand, ensure the right products are on our online shop|
Who we share your information with and why
Fourneaux de France Ltd Partners
Fourneaux de France Ltd works with a number of trusted partners who supply products and services on our behalf. All partners are subject to thorough security checks and will only hold the minimum amount of personal information needed in order to fulfil the orders you place or provide a service on our behalf.
In order for you to receive your goods, Fourneaux de France Ltd works with a number of delivery partners. Again, we only pass limited information to them in order to ensure delivery of your items.
Fourneaux de France Ltd works with business who support our website and other business systems.
Fourneaux de France Ltd works with trusted third-party payment processing providers in order to securely take and manage payments.
Third Party Data Processors
We consider the following companies to be third party data processors:
Flaydemouse Media Ltd (https://www.flaydemouse.com/)
Flaydemouse Media Ltd is responsible for the ongoing hosting of our website and databaseses, Flaydemouse Media Ltd is a registered data controller with company no. 07600011, whose registered office address is: Flaydemouse, 8 Buckland Road, Yeovil, Somerset, BA21 5EA.
Controlling Your personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Transfers to third countries
If you use the website while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
Keeping in touch with you
We want to keep you up to date with information about new ranges, special offers and improvements to our website. When you set your account up, we will ask you if you want to receive this type of marketing information.
Fourneaux de France Ltd will not share your information with companies outside of the ownership group for their marketing purposes.
If you decide you do not want to receive this marketing information you can request that we stop by writing to the Data Controller at mailto:the address provided above, emailing email@example.com.
You may continue to receive mailings for a short period while your request is dealt with.
How long we keep your information
If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws.
HMRC require that we keep invoices and personal information for 7 years.
We may need your personal information to establish and maintain any warranty or service information regarding the products that you purchase.
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
- we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
- in limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
What are your rights
You are entitled to request the following from Fourneaux de France Ltd, these are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
- Right of access –to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
- Right to rectification –to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will request verification of your identity
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability - to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object - to object to processing of your personal information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling –rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the data protection regulator in the UK, are available on the ICO website www.ico.org.uk where your personal information has or is being used in a way that you believe does not comply with data, however, we encourage you to contact us before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you may have.